11.9.14

Focus T25 Review

The title says it all, so let’s get down to it! This was the first ever Beachbody program that I bought and completed. Actually this was the first ever fitness program that I have ever completed. Now that’s saying something! Here’s the quick breakdown of what you get: The program is 10 weeks long and comes with a schedule of workouts. Each workout is 25 minutes long (on the nose!) with a 3 minute cool-down, aka stretch, on top of the 25 minutes. You workout out Monday – Friday with an option to do a double workout on Fridays. Then there’s STATurday where you record your results for the week and Sunday is a relaxing stretch routine. The program comes with a “nutrition plan” which basically tells you what the best food choices are but nothing specific. 

Here’s what I love about Focus T25:

1. 25 minutes – Seriously who doesn’t have 25 minutes in their lives that they can spare?

2. 5 days a week – this one is killer for me. I love my weekends. I can get up at whatever time you want me to during the week (these days it’s 5am) but on weekends I want to sleep as long as my little darlings will let me (like 6:30am, don’t laugh at me! That’s a whole 1.5 hours extra sleep!). So when I found a workout program that let me sleep on weekends I was totally game for that!

3. STATurdays – this quickly became my favourite day of the week. Tracking my results every week gave me the motivation I needed to keep going and push harder.

4. Results – WOW! I was losing 1-2, sometimes even 3, pounds per WEEK! And inches galore! T25 uses a technique called HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) that ramps up your metabolism and keeps it high for HOURS after you’ve finished your workout. So essentially I was working out for 25 minutes but my body thought I was working out for hours.

5. Two sets of discs – Just as I was nearing the end of Alpha, the first 5 weeks, I began getting a bit bored with doing the same set of workouts. But then alas! There was Beta and I had a whole new set of interesting workouts to do!

And, since no one can love everything about a program, here are the cons:

1. The “Nutrition Plan” – I use “” because really I’m not sure anyone would really call this a nutrition plan. It showed pictures of foods that you should be eating, calculated your calories, and gave a couple recipe ideas but there was no real guideline for how much of what you should be eating. If you want to work on your nutrition, this program is not going to help you there.

2. Plyometrics – A really big word that basically means jumping around. This may be some people’s cup of tea in a workout but not so much mine. Two reasons: 1) I have bad knees and it hurts to do this much jumping and 2) I was working out while the kids slept which doesn’t bode well when there’s a 140Lb woman jumping around in the next room. Luckily the modifier does low impact so that helped but it would have been nice to say I could keep up with the hot shots.

3. Shaun T – Sometimes he gets that crazed look on his face and you think he’s going to jump out of the screen and punch you in the face if you don’t listen… Ok, not really a con, but had to fit Shaun T in here somehow! Sidenote: A lot of women would put him in the “loves” list as easy on the eyes but to me he’s just the guys that kicks my butt and that person doesn’t even make the friends list haha.

Overall, this was my soul mate program. The workouts kicked my butt but the results were totally worth it. I would recommend this program to anyone and everyone. When I started I was extremely out of shape and I was still able to handle the intensity of the workout. So if you think you can use your “I can’t keep up with them” comment as an excuse, don’t. Give it two weeks and you won’t even need the modifier, unless, of course, your kids are sleeping! You get out what you put in, but in the case of T25 you get out twice as much as you put in.

If you would like more information on my experience with Focus T25 just comment below or send me an email! If you are ready to commit to this program or any other Beachbody program, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment