20.7.14

Pizza!

Sunday is pizza night in our house. It has been for awhile but has undergone some changes throughout the year. We started with take out pizza when we lived in town. It was a great way to end the busy weekend (I didn’t’ have to cook!) but left us all with that bloaty, greasy feeling. Ick! So we moved on and I started making homemade pizza. I had a recipe from my mother-in-law for your basic yeast crust and my hubby wouldn’t let me do anything different. I mean what’s better than mom’s cooking right? It was a good crust but doughy and I am not a fan of doughy. So a few months ago I decided to try my hand at a thin crust pizza. I tried out a few recipes that still involved yeast until I found this beauty!

This recipe is seriously so simple you will doubt that it can be called pizza crust… here it is:

- 2 Cups flour

- 2 Tbsps. Vegetable oil

- ½ Tsp. sea salt

- 2/3 Cup warm water

That’s it! Just throw it all in a bowl, mix, knead, do whatever you have to do to make it look like pizza dough (sometimes I add a bit more water to get all the crummies off the bottom of the bowl) and voila! No waiting, no rising, just pizza!

Roll it out so it looks like this 



HELPFUL HINT: I like to put parchment paper on my baking sheet because it makes cleanup easy and I can slide the pizza onto my cutting board and not ruin my baking sheet!

Top with whatever sounds good to you. I used salami, mushrooms, red pepper, onion, and of course a heaping amount of cheese! 


Bake at 450F for 15 minutes.

This is by far the simplest, crunchiest, tastiest, healthiest, and quickest pizza crust I have ever made! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment